Saturday, July 19, 2008

Cool Creatures





We are now in Cahuita. Very interesting place. It took all day to drive across the country. We arrived at our hotel after 10pm. Luckily it had a security guard who helped us find a room with the promise that we would check in at the registration counter in the morning. We are looking forward to relaxing a little here and then it's off to Heredia where DeMark will spend the next month studying internaitonal human rights law. We were previously in Montezuma, which was both DeMark's and my favorite place so far. We saw lots of cool things in the Cabo Blanco Nature Reserve, including spider and capuchin monkeys. We didn't see howlers here, but we could definitely hear them.

1 comment:

Matt said...

When I was walking to Subway this afternoon some hippy asked me if I wanted to sign some papers that would save the rainforest. My normal thought would have been: the rainforest has nothing to do with me, let me pass this crazy man and get my B.M.T. But today, I reflected on these beautiful pictures and walked past the crazy man with a hint of remorse...